Acids that are naturally found in coffee can damage the filter over time, so it's important to wash your gold tone filter every time you use it.
- Over a trash can, remove as many grounds as you can.
- Run the filter under hot water until all the grounds are rinsed off
To prevent blockages or mold buildup, place your gold coffee filter in the dishwasher once a week:
- Set the filter on the top rack of the dishwasher, because the plastic parts may melt.
- Wash normally with the rest of your dishes.
If you do not have a dishwasher, scrub your filter as a substitute:
- Squirt a small amount of dishwashing liquid into the filter.
- Scrub the inside and outside of the gold mesh gently with a brush. If you don't have a gentle scrubber, try a toothbrush.
- Rinse the filter completely until all the soap residue is gone.
It's recommended to check your gold tone filter periodically for damage. Cracks in the basket or tears in the mesh can damage your coffee maker and ruin your cup of coffee.
If you spot any damage to the filter, replace it immediately.